What we do
According to its statute, the ACB engages in the following activities:
- Represents the interests of its members when banking regulations are being processed by governmental bodies and pursues policies to ensure a health banking sector.
- Enhances the cooperation between member banks and assists with the formulation of collective agreements concerning financial policies and banking practices.
- Reviews national banking legislation and government decisions, evaluates the impact of their implementation and establishes common positions on behalf of its members.
- Cooperates with local authorities to improve the institutional framework governing the practice and development of financial and banking activities in line with the European Union rules and practices.
- Helps to restore consumer trust and confidence, especially following the effects the financial crisis.
- Encourage banks achieve growth, supports competition and digital innovation for the benefit of both banks and customers.
- Supports actions for the training and education of bank employees by developing and organizing educational seminars on subjects that affect the local banking and financial sector.
- Provide financial educational programs, both in schools and beyond, aiming at enhancing public awareness about economic concepts and financial matters.
- Promotes the role and involvement of the banking sector to the economic, cultural and social development of the country.